These links have been gathered from many sources and does not pretend to be inclusive. Please let us know of additional links or note changes to existing ones. Thanks!
California Storytelling Associations:
- California Indian Storytelling Association - promotes awareness of California Indian cultures and supports Native tellers.
- South Coast Storytelling Guild - has their calendar, history, and directory of tellers online. Costa Mesa, California.
- Storytellers of San Diego - festival, events, history, education, tellers in the San Diego area and beyond
Other Storytelling Associations:
- Florida Storytelling Association - featuring their Annual Storytelling Camp.
- Healing Story Alliance - exploring and promoting the use of stories in healing.
- Jewish Storytelling Coalition - Voice of Jewish storytelling in New England.
- Jonesborough Storytellers Guild - Jonesborough, Tennessee.
- Keepers Of The Culture - Philadelphia's Afrocentric Storytelling Group.
- LANES: League for the Advancement of New England Storytelling Publications,
conferences, and events throughout New England and upstate New York.
- National Association of Black Storytellers - with affiliates nationwide
- National Storytelling Network - "Connecting people to and through storytelling." This national organization serves individuals and organizations that use the power of storytelling in all its forms. Sponsors annual awards for excellence in the art, grants, a bi-annual conference, and a directory of storytellers.
- Northlands Storytelling Network - serves tellers and storytelling enthusiasts in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan.
- OOPS! The Ohio Order for the Preservation of Stories - Promoting storytelling in Ohio
- RED Internacional de Cuentacuentos - International Storytelling Network, promoting storytelling, reading, literacy, and the performing arts in 37 countries around the world.
- Storytellers of Canada-Conteurs du Canada (SC-CC) - National network in Canada supporting the art of oral storytelling through its storytellers and its story listeners.
- Storytelling Foundation International - Smithsonian affiliate and advocate for storytelling based in Jonesborough, Tennessee.
- The Storytelling Center, Inc. of New York City - New York's premier storytelling organization, offering workshops, swaps and special events.
- The Society for Storytelling - The United Kingdom's Society for Storytelling, with resources and events. - with links to tellers, stories, and festivals.
- Tejas Storytelling Association - Uniting storytellers and listeners across Texas.
- Aaron Shepard's Storytelling Page - Tales and tips on how to tell a story.
- The Art of Storytelling Show - podcast hosted by Eric Wolf, "interviewing the best in the storytelling community." Listen online or download to your mp3 player.
- The Call of Story - Web site of KBYU's (Utah) television special on storytelling in America.
- National Youth Storytelling Showcase - The goal of the NYSS is to encourage every classroom in American to discover (or rediscover the beauty and value of storytelling and story performance.
- Open Directory Project Storytelling Links - Hundreds of websites on storytelling, storytellers, and festivals.
- Professional Storyteller - Online social network with over one thousand storytellers from around the globe.
- Storytelling in Schools - Articles on innovative classroom projects nationwide that use storytelling in support of standards-based curriculum.
- Storytelling Webring - Hundreds of websites on storytelling and storytellers.
- Story Arts Online - Storytelling activities and curriculum for the classroom, from Heather Forest.
- Storyteller.net - Since 1997, serving the storytelling community with articles, interviews, online audio, and a national storytelling directory.
- The Storytelling FAQ - The official Storytelling Frequently Asked Questions. Advice, resources, and information in abundance. The FAQ is the Web's first port of call for information, contacts, and general orientation on the whole subject of storytelling.
- StoryCorps - Nonprofit organization dedicated to honoring and celebrating each other's lives through listening. Explore the many StoryCorps oral history programs such as the Story Corps Griot, Memory Loss Initiative and The September 11 Initiative.
- Story-Lovers: Searching Out Stories (SOS) - hundreds of categories and thousands of stories, plus advice from professional tellers worldwide, compiled by Jackie Baldwin.
- Tim Sheppard's Story links - A treasure house of stories of every kind, annotated and categorised for easy reference.
- The Campfire Stories Handbook - Ghost stories and Indian legends, Cub scout tested
- SurLaLune Fairy Tales- Annotated European fairy tales, including their histories, similar tales across cultures, modern interpretations, plus access to more than 1600 folktales and fairy tales from around the world.
- Zensufi Story Park - Sufi and Zen parables.
The Storytelling Association of California
P.O. Box 553 * El Cerrito, CA 94530
P.O. Box 553 * El Cerrito, CA 94530